Our Steam Train & Riverboat adventure is perfect for large groups – a beautiful train ride to meet the Becky Thatcher riverboat, a relaxing cruise on the Connecticut River, and a return train ride back to Essex Station. (2.5 hours total time). Departures at 11:00 am, 12:30 pm, and 2:00 pm daily. We offer special rates for groups of 20 or more with advance reservations – contact our Groups Ticket Sales.
- Essex Clipper Dinner Train – a scenic, fine dining experience aboard vintage dining cars
- Steam Train & Riverboat Lunch Excursion – lunch in the dining car followed by a riverboat cruise and steam train ride
- Sunset / Swallow Cruise – A Friday evening adult riverboat cruise during the golden hours of sunset
- Becky Thatcher Riverboat – available for charters and private parties
- River Valley Junction Hall and Oliver Jensen Gallery – beautiful, flexible spaces to stage any event
Please contact 860-767-0103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
An important note for guests with wheelchairs, walkers, or ambulatory limits:
Essex Station is proud to be an ADA compliant site. Our campus, public buildings, and grounds are open to the public and wheelchair accessible.
However, our restored historic trains and riverboat are from an era that did not consider accessibility. Many variables such as the tall steps for boarding, narrow aisles, small-doored restrooms, potentially steep boat gangway, and gravel platform at Deep River Landing present particular mobility challenges for some guests.
For safety and insurance requirements, it is necessary that all guests be able to move around our grounds without assistance from our team. Our team cannot help guests up or down stairs or carry guests to seats, nor is there storage capacity for wheelchairs and walkers when we are in motion.
If you have any questions about adjustments, modifications, or options for experiencing the train and riverboat ride, please call us at 860-767-0103. Our onboard seating is quite comfortable and we will make every effort to welcome all guests.