All Aboard the elegant Essex Clipper for a four-course meal served in beautifully restored 1920’s Pullman diners, pulled by a vintage diesel locomotive. Relax and reconnect while our 2½-hour, scenic journey soothes away the stress of everyday life. The rhythm of the rails and our attentive staff transport you back to the day when rail travel was king and “dinner in the diner” was a delicious special occasion.
Ambiance, impeccable service, and fabulous food-this recipe for a fine dining experience is enhanced during a breathtaking sightseeing journey through the pristine Connecticut River Valley-designated one of the “last great places on Earth” by the Nature Conservancy.
Get on Track for a Great Event
The Essex Clipper is also available for Private Parties and Charted Events for up to 100 passengers. Whether it’s a family gathering, rehearsal dinner, wedding, or corporate affair, our experienced Event Managers are ready to work with you to arrange every detail to surpass your expectations.
Purchase Gift Certificates
Give a Gift Certificate to commemorate a birthday, anniversary, holiday, or to simply say “thank you.” Gift Certificates never expire and are available by calling Essex Station ticket office at 800-377-3987 x70.
Rules of the Rails
The Essex Clipper $80.00 per-person fare includes a 2½-hour train ride, four-course meal with coffee/tea service and tax. Full cash bar service is available on board.
- Advance reservations and payment required; purchase tickets online
- Tickets are non-refundable, but fully transferable with 48-hours notice.
No alcoholic beverages may be brought aboard the train.
- For safety reasons aboard the moving train, and to ensure a relaxing ride for all patrons, Essex Clipper Dinner Train is limited to passengers age 10 and older. No infants please.
Gratuity and Beverages are not included in $80.00 fare
- For gluten-free meal options and to alert staff of food allergies please contact the office at 800-377-3987 x70
- The Valley Railroad reserves the right to alter equipment, schedule and menu when necessary.