North Pole Express
2019 On Sale Dates:
Tuesday September 10
Full Car Sales by PHONE ONLY 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
First Class has 20/32/36 seat cars available
Coach Class has 64 seats per car
Wednesday September 11
Remaining First Class Individual Tickets Online Only beginning at 9 a.m.
Thursday September 12
Remaining Coach Class Individual Tickets Online Only beginning at 9 a.m.
Board our locomotive-powered sleigh for a magical nighttime journey to the North Pole. Every coach becomes a stage for a LIVE musical performance of “The Night Before Christmas.” Celebrate the spirit of the season with Santa and Mrs. Claus, festive sing-a-longs, hot chocolate and sugar cookies.
Each child will receive a small gift from Santa. Children are invited to wear their favorite pajamas! Make sure those PJs are warm and cozy…it’s cold up at the North Pole!
Ride length is approximately 90 minutes
Tickets go on sale in September
Follow us on Facebook to stay informed
Full Coach Car (entire car)
64 seats are available for group purchase by phone only (860-767-0103/800-377-3987) on September 4, 2019
Full First Class Car (entire car)
20, 32 & 36 seats are available for group purchase by phone only (860-767-0103/800-377-3987) on September 4, 2019
Individual First Class Tickets
On sale online ONLY (no phone or in-person purchases): On September 5, 2019
Price: $68.50 per person / $78.50 Fridays and Saturdays after Thanksgiving
(Individual Cushioned Arm Chairs / Cash Beverage Service)
First Class Cars seat 20, 32, or 36 passengers (car dependent)
Individual Coach Class Tickets
On sale online ONLY (no phone or in person purchases)
on September 6, 2019
Price: $37.50 per person / $47.50 Fridays and Saturdays after Thanksgiving
Padded Bench Seating. Coach Cars seat 64
All passengers age 1 and older must purchase a ticket. Children less than 1 year of age may sit on an adults lap at no charge however they may not occupy a seat.
If you would like a seat for a child under the age of 1, a ticket must be purchased for them. No car seats or strollers are permitted on the train.
Prior to Thanksgiving:
Fridays November 15 & 22 – 4:30, 5 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm
Saturdays November 16 & 23 – 3 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 5 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm
Sundays November 17 & 24 – 3 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 5 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm
Friday, November 29 – 3 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 5 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm
Saturdays, November 30 – December 21 – 3 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 5 pm, 5:30 pm,6:30 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm
Sundays, December 1 – December 15 – 3 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 5 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm
Tuesday – Thursdays, December 3 – December 19 – 4:30 pm, 5 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm
Fridays, December 6 – December 20 – 4:30 pm, 5 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm
Sunday & Monday December 22 & 23 – 3 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 5 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm
Thursday-Sunday, December 26 – 29 – 4:30 pm, 5 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7 pm, 7:30 pm
North Pole Express Rules of the Road
- All passengers age 1 & older must have a paid ticket. Children under age of 1 may ride free without a ticket but may not occupy a seat. Car carriers and strollers are not permitted on the trains.
- All sales are final. Due to the high volume of ticket orders, tickets cannot be changed or refunded once purchased. Please ensure availability of the entire group prior to purchasing tickets.
- To sit together, all tickets must be purchased on one order. Tickets are assigned specific train cars by computer; separate reservations can not be combined to sit together.
- We cannot honor requests for specific car hosts or characters, as ticket assignments are completed far in advance of the car host schedule and the car host assignment can change right up to the departure time.
- Trains operate during all weather conditions, but we reserve the right to postpone or cancel any train ride in extreme conditions or should we deem necessary. If a train is postponed, the ticket is good for the following Monday night at same time.
- We are not responsible for travel delays caused by accidents, road closures, road construction, weather, etc. . . . Please use your judgment and allow ample travel time to arrive 30 minutes prior to the departure. Trains will depart on time and cannot be held for late arriving guests.
- Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages of their own onto the property or onto the trains. Bags and/or coolers are subject to search. Alcoholic beverages are sold in First Class coaches, and beverages must stay in those locations.
- The North Pole Express is G-rated family entertainment with an expectation that all guests will compose themselves in a manner befitting the spirit of the night and the enjoyment for all guests.
- Parents remain responsible for the behavior and safety of their children while on-board the North Pole Express. The Valley Railroad Company, after exhausting all other possibilities for rectification, reserves the right to suspend service and/or entertainment activities within any given rail car should Company management determine that passenger behaviors pose a risk to the safety and well-being of our employees, actors, characters, or equipment, until either the behaviors are rectified, or the train returns to Essex Station.