Breathtaking views from the Becky Thatcher riverboat set the stage for a memorable party, wedding, rehearsal dinner, family reunion, or corporate event. Our riverboat, a Connecticut River Valley fixture, is available for evening charter, May – October.
The MV Becky Thatcher is a 70′ Mississippi-style riverboat that comfortably holds 220 passengers for sightseeing cruises, 150 people for a cocktail reception or 66 guests for a sit-down dinner. This classic vessel includes 3 decks:
- Main Deck: Carpeted. Cocktail bar forward, restrooms and stairwell located aft. Moveable seating; windows roll down for inclement weather.
- Second Deck: Carpeted. Stairwell to top deck located aft. Moveable seating and windows.
- Third Deck: Open promenade deck with a view of the stars.
Download Becky Thatcher deck plans to plan your event or function.
Becky Thatcher guests arrive in style, aboard vintage train coaches pulled by a diesel locomotive. Passengers gather at Essex Station for a 15-minute ride to Deep River Landing, where the Becky Thatcher waits to escort your guests on an evening sail along the beautiful Connecticut River.
|May||Monday – Friday||Sunday – Saturday*|
|June||Select Days||Sunday – Saturday*|
|July||Not Available||Sunday – Thursday & Saturday*|
|August||Not Available||Sunday – Thursday & Saturday*|
|September||Select Days||Sunday – Saturday*|
|October||Tuesday – Wednesday||Sunday – Saturday*|
* Saturday Evenings: Add $300.00 to rates listed below
Weekday and Weeknight Charters can be reduced to 2 hours on boat for $500.00 discount
- Cocktail Buffet: 2 Cold Appetizers, 2 Hot Appetizers, 2 Desserts ($19.99 per person)
- Buffet: 2 Cold Appetizers, 1 Leaf Salad, 2 Entrees, 1 Dessert ($39.99 per person)
- Premium Buffet: 2 Cold Appetizers, 3 Hot Appetizers, 2 Salads, 1 Soup, 2 Entrees, 2 Desserts ($59.99 per person)
- Visit our Menu Page for menu choices and options
Cash Bar, Tab Bar, and $25 per person Open Bar available
DJ’s and Small Bands Welcome
For additional information, questions, or to arrange your function, please contact Pam Amodio at 860-767-0103 ext. 217 or via email Events@essexsteamtrain.com