The Essex Clipper Dinner Train
All aboard the elegant Essex Clipper for a 4-course meal served in beautifully restored 1920’s Pullman diners pulled by a vintage diesel locomotive. Relax and reconnect while our 21/2-hour scenic journey soothes away the stress of everyday life. The rhythm of the rails and our attentive staff transport you back to the day when rail travel was king and “dinner and the diner” was a delicious special occasion.
Ambiance, impeccable service, and fabulous food are enhanced during a breathtaking sightseeing journey throughout the pristine Connecticut River Valley – designated one of the “last great places on Earth” by the Nature Conservancy.
Get on Track for a Great Event
The Essex Clipper is also available for private parties and charted events for up to 100 passengers. Whether it’s a family gathering, rehearsal dinner, wedding or corporate affair, our experienced Event Managers are eager to work with you, arranging every detail to surpass your expectations.
Purchase Gift Certificates
Give a Gift Certificate to commemorate a birthday, anniversary, holiday or to simply say “thank you.” Gift Certificates never expire and are available by calling the Essex Station ticket office at 800-377-3987 x70 or clicking the link below.
Rules of the Rails
The Essex Clipper $85.00 per-person fare includes a 21/2-hour train ride, 4-course
meal with coffee/tea service and tax. Full cash bar service is available onboard.
- Train Boarding Essex Station: 30 minutes prior to departure time
- Train Departure from Essex Station: On Time (Trains can not hold for late arriving guests; trains do depart on schedule)
- Gratuity and Beverages are not included in $85.00 fare
- For safety reasons aboard the moving train and to ensure a relaxing ride for all patrons, the Essex Clipper Dinner Train is limited to passengers age 10 and older. No infants please.
- Advance reservations and payment required.
- Tickets are non-refundable, but fully transferable with 48-hours notice.
- Meal changes can not be honored within 48 hours of departure.
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought aboard the train due to our liquor license
- The Valley Railroad reserves the right to alter equipment, schedule and menu when necessary.