A latent risk of exposure to Covid-19 is present where people gather in any public space. By visiting the Essex Steam Train & Riverboat it is understood that you as the guest assume any risk associated with exposure to Covid-19.
We at the Essex Steam Train & Riverboat are taking enhanced actions through sanitation and social distancing measures to ensure the highest level of customer safety and satisfaction. Please do your part to help keep each other safe and healthy.
The Essex Steam Train & Riverboat holds the safety of our customers and employees in the highest regard. For this reason we require that everyone visiting and working on our properties wear a mask at all times when they cannot maintain a 6 foot social distance.
We realize that some may object or find this to be an inconvenience, but we maintain erring on the side of safety by enforcing this protocol. Wearing a mask in public spaces not only protects you, but those in your presence and we believe that the safety and comfort of our guests is worth the minor potential inconvenience.
Please be sure to read the safety guidelines posted on the blue signs around the station and boat landing, and be sure to wear your mask in all areas marked and when unable to keep a safe social distance.
The Essex Steam Train & Riverboat is committed to customer satisfaction and safety especially during this time of heightened concern regarding the spread of Coronavirus in our area.
We would like to assure our guests that we are following CDC and WHO recommended protocol for prevention of the spread of the virus with:
- Regular disinfection and cleaning of targeted areas with appropriate antibacterial products
- Multiple hand washing facilities and hand sanitizer available to guests and employees
- End-of-day sanitation procedures for restrooms, train cars, office equipment, kitchen areas, and all other facilities
- Frequent and thorough cleaning of all public spaces
Additionally, our leadership team is encouraging guests and staff to follow the CDC’s recommendations for everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs and viruses, such as:
- Staying home when sick
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Not shaking hands
- Avoiding close contact with people in public spaces
- Following proper respiratory cough etiquette
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
We will continue to adjust and adapt our procedures, operations, and recommendations based on the advice of health officials as the situation develops. We are available to answer any questions or address concerns on a case by case basis at firstname.lastname@example.org.