Saturday September 12, 2020
Essex Steam Train & Riverboat’s 2½-hour train and riverboat journeys begins at the historic 1892 Essex Station for a 12-mile, narrated round-trip into the heart of the unspoiled Connecticut River Valley – designated ‘one of the last great places on earth’ by the Nature Conservancy.
Departures: 11:00 am, 12:30 pm, 2:00 pm & 3:30 pm (2.5 hour Round Trip Train & Riverboat Excursion)
Price: $34.95 for all passengers age 2 & older in Coach Seating
Please arrive 30 minutes before your departure time and check in at the Essex Station Ticket Window. No tickets will be mailed or emailed. Advance purchase is strongly suggested; walk up ticket purchase availability is not guaranteed. Tickets are non-refundable but can be exchanged for another date/time if done so 48 hours prior to your scheduled excursion. This excursion operates Rain or Shine but the the Company reserves the rights to delay, postpone or cancel the excursion.
- The Essex Steam Train & Riverboat is following protocol based on State of Connecticut and CDC guidelines to keep our customers and employees safe.
- You are required to wear a mask while on the property and unable to maintain 6 foot social distancing. You may lower your mask when seated on your excursion. Our crew will be wearing masks at all times.
- Some of our buildings, including Trackside Cafe and River Valley Junction are closed to the public at this time. Our Gift Shop will be open to a limited number of guests at one time. Public restrooms will remain open and be sanitized regularly.
- The Becky Thatcher snack bar will only be serving non-alcoholic canned or bottled beverages.
- Please wash your hands often and make frequent use of sanitization stations.
- Our train cars and the Becky Thatcher riverboat will be regularly sanitized for customer and employee safety.
- Always maintain a safe social distance from other guests.
- If you are feeling ill, please be respectful and stay home.
– Padded bottom & back Bench Style Seating