June 15 – August 31
The Essex Steam Train & Riverboat offers Saturday Night Sunset Cruises aboard the Becky Thatcher — a lovely evening ride down the Connecticut River from the boats’s dock in Deep River to the Baldwin Bridge, and back again. The experience includes a 15-minute diesel locomotive ride from Essex Station to the boat launch in Deep River, a 2-hour cruise on the river, offering exquisite 360-degree views of some of Connecticut’s prettiest countryside, returning to Essex Station via train around 9 p.m. Food and beverages are available for purchase at the Becky Thatcher’s Snack Bar.
- Board the train at Essex Station at 6:00 p.m. for a 6:15 p.m. departure
- 2-hour cruise down the Connecticut River aboard the Becky Thatcher riverboat
- Train brings you back to Essex Station approximately 9:00 p.m.
- Food and beverage service is available at the fully stocked bar
(Due to our liquor permit, no BYOB permitted)
- Due to the time of day and duration of the cruise, the Sunset Cruise is not recommended for children under 10
Tickets are $30.00, advanced tickets recommended