Sunset Swallow Cruises
Saturday September 19 & 26
The Essex Steam Train & Riverboat offers Saturday Night Sunset Cruises aboard the Becky Thatcher — a lovely evening ride down the Connecticut River from the boat’s dock in Deep River. Enjoy exquisite 360-degree views of some of Connecticut’s prettiest countryside. Snack bag included and beverages are available for purchase at the Becky Thatcher’s Snack Bar. Take the Becky Thatcher Riverboat to a spectacular natural phenomenon as hundreds of thousands of Tree and Barn Swallows converge on the lower Connecticut River and swarm as a beautifully choreographed flock over Goose Island.
152 River Street Deep River, CT 06417
Board Boat at Deep River Station:5:00 pm
Boat Departs Deep River Station: 5:15 pm
(There is no Train included in this excursion)
- 3+ hour cruise on the Connecticut River aboard the Becky Thatcher Riverboat (boat will return to dock at conclusion of Tree Swallow Event)
- Snack Bag (chips, trail mix, cookie, bottled water) included and bar service is available at the fully stocked bar (Due to our liquor permit, no BYOB allowed)
- Due to time and length of excursion, this product is not recommended for children under the age of 10
- The Tree Swallow event is anticipated to occur; however we can not guarantee it due to conditions such as but not limited to weather.
- The Essex Steam Train & Riverboat is following protocol based on State of Connecticut and CDC guidelines to keep our customers and employees safe.
- You are required to wear a mask while on the property and unable to maintain 6 foot social distancing. You may lower your mask only when seated on your excursion. Our crew will be wearing masks at all times.
- Please wash your hands often and make frequent use of sanitization stations.
- The Becky Thatcher riverboat will be regularly sanitized for customer and employee safety.
- Always maintain a safe social distance from other guests.
- If you are feeling ill, please be respectful and stay home.
Please check in at Deep River Station Dock on the day of your excursion at 5:00 pm. Tickets will not be mailed or emailed.