2022 Rail-Bike Adventures
– 1 Railroad Ave. Essex, CT 06426 –
8 Mile Round Trip Adventure over moderate terrain
Saturday & Sunday: June 11 – October 23
NOTE LOCATION: 1 Railroad Ave. Essex, CT 06426
Two Seat Bike: Accommodates 2 people $85.00
Four Seat Bike: Accommodates 2,3 or 4 people $150.00
COSTS ARE PER BIKE, THERE ARE NO PER PERSON FEES
Ticket = Rail Bike (not individual person)
- No refunds. Credit for the purchase amount (minus $10.00 per Rail Bike) can be issued when a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to your reservation is given. No credit can be issued within 48 hours of the reservation or for late arriving / no show guests.
- All riders must be able to walk and be at least 8 years old.
- Minimum height is 48″.
- Maximum weight is 250 pounds (per rider).
- No infants or canines are permitted on rail bikes
- No discount for single riders.
- Masks are required where six feet social distancing can not be maintained. These policies may change and guests will be required to follow Company policies that are in effect on the day of your excursion
- Please practice 6 feet social distancing
- Wash hands frequently
- If you feel ill please do not arrive for your reservation and notify us via telephone or email
- One rider per rail bike must be at least 18 years old
- Dress for the weather. Closed toed shoes are required. Please bring water or other non-alcoholic drinks.
All passengers are required to fill out a rail bike participant release of liability and assumption of risk agreement prior to receiving their boarding passes. Riders should be capable of bicycling recumbently for 70 minutes at moderate exertion.
Rail bikes run rain, light snow or shine. Company reserves the right to delay, postpone, or cancel due to extreme weather forecasts/situations
As a moderately strenuous, outdoor, open-air activity, you may be exposed to certain risks on this Rail-Bike adventure.
You further understand that you are responsible for following instructions for safe use of the rail bikes as provided by the Company and/or its employees, and that you are responsible for damages or injuries caused by failing to follow such instructions for safe operation.
Parking and Boarding location is 1 Railroad Ave. Essex, CT 06426.Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your Pedal Time. After parking, follow signs located along the platform to the Rail Bike area. Restrooms are located on your way to the Rail Bike area on the left side of the yellow station building. Please follow the stone walkway and report directly to the Tent on the lawn for Check-In. We ask that you please do not go directly to the Rail Bike Area without first checking in. A mask is mandatory at all times while on the property except while riding the bike as long as you keep acceptable social distance between other riders and pedestrians along the line. There are no walk up reservations; reservation must be made in advance.