2021 Rail-Bike Adventures
– 1 Railroad Ave. Essex, CT 06426 –
8 Mile Round Trip Adventure over moderate terrain
Management makes the decision about adding Rail Bikes on Monday of each week based upon the weather forecast for the upcoming weekend – tickets will be put on sale on TUESDAY morning of each week when we decide on opening. Please check our website and Facebook page for notice of upcoming bikes, including SNOW BIKES!
NEXT RAIL BIKE ADVENTURE OPERATION: Sunday February 28, 2021
NOTE LOCATION: 1 Railroad Ave. Essex, CT 06426
Two Seat Bike: Accommodates 2 people $75.00
Four Seat Bike: Accommodates 2,3 or 4 people $125.00
COSTS ARE PER BIKE, THERE ARE NO PER PERSON FEES
- No discount for single riders.
- A mask is mandatory while waiting in line for your excursion and in areas where others are congregating, and a safe 6ft social distance cannot be maintained. A face mask is mandatory during instruction and boarding/de-boarding. A face mask is not required while riding the bike as long as acceptable social distance is kept between other riders and pedestrians.
- Non-contact temperature check will be done on all riders before entering the instruction area
- Please practice 6 feet social distancing
- Wash hands frequently
- If you feel ill please do not arrive for your reservation and notify us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All passengers are required to fill out a rail bike participant release of liability and assumption of risk agreement prior to receiving their boarding passes. Riders should be capable of bicycling recumbently for 70 minutes at moderate exertion and at least one rider per Rail Bike must be 18 years of age
Railbikes run rain or shine. Company reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel due to extreme weather forecasts/situations.
- Single Riders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your schedule departure time.
- Not suitable for small children. All riders must be able to walk and be at least 10 years old.
- Minimum height is 48” .
- Maximum weight is 250 pounds (per rider).
- Dress for the weather
- Close toed shoes are required.
- No infants or canines on this experience.
- Please bring water or other non-alcoholic drinks
As a moderately strenuous, outdoor, open-air activity, you may be exposed to certain risks on this Rail-Bike adventure.
You further understand that you are responsible for following instructions for safe use of the rail bikes as provided by the Company and/or its employees, and that you are responsible for damages or injuries caused by failing to follow such instructions for safe operation.
Parking and Boarding location is 1 Railroad Ave. Essex, CT 06426 Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your Pedal Time and proceed through our main parking area to the Rear Parking Lot, following signs to the Rail-Bike Waiting area located at the far end of the large, red locomotive building. Facial Coverings are mandatory and please practice 6 feet social distancing. There are no walk up reservations; reservation must be made in advance. Please keep the safety of all customers in mind and DRIVE SLOWLY in the parking lot.