The Essex Clipper
Holiday Dinner Train
Celebrate the holidays with family and friends aboard the elegant Essex Clipper Holiday Dinner Train. Enjoy a specially selected 4-course holiday meal served in beautifully decorated 1920s Pullman dining cars pulled by a vintage diesel locomotive. You will feel the warmth of the holidays surround you as you sip a festive drink and listen to a merry musical soundtrack selected for your special 2-hour dining experience.
Ambiance, impeccable service, and fabulous food are enhanced by the spirit of the season aboard this exceptional and unique excursion where you will enjoy an appetizer course, crisp house salad, mouthwatering entree, and choice of house-made dessert selections. Your hardest decision will be whether to indulge in Baked Stuffed Shrimp, Filet Mignon with House Bourbon Sauce, or a Traditional Turkey Dinner with Stuffing.
Book your tickets today for this first time ever offered special dining option.
Holiday Dinner Train Schedule
Friday – Sunday November 27 – December 13
Thursday – Sunday December 17 – December 20
Monday-Wednesday December 21 – December 23
Rules of the Rails
The Essex Clipper Holiday Dinner Train $99.95 per-person fare includes a 2-hour train ride, 4-course
meal with coffee/tea service, tax and a $5.00 non-refundable / non-transferable processing fee. Full cash bar service is available onboard.
- Train Boarding Essex Station: 30 minutes prior to departure time
- (Trains can not hold for late arriving guests; trains do depart on schedule)
- $5.00 of each ticket price is a non-refundable, non-transferable processing fee
- Masks must be worn: At all times while on the property, boarding the train, when out of your seat on the train, de-boarding the train. No exceptions.
- Gratuity and Beverages are not included in $99.95 fare
- Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic beverages for purchase onboard train. No beverages, especially alcoholic beverages, may be brought aboard the train due to our liquor license
Reservations will be assigned to specific tables. If you would like to sit with someone that has made a separate reservation please indicate in the notes section of your reservation. Maximum seats per table are four and Social Dividers – a plexiglass barrier that extends from the back of your chair up thirty inches from the tabletop surface
- For safety reasons aboard the moving train and to ensure a relaxing ride for all patrons, the Essex Clipper Holiday Dinner Train is limited to passengers age 10 and older. No infants, please.
- Reservations and payment are required.
- Tickets are non-refundable, but fully transferable ($5.00 per ticket transfer charge applies) with 48-hours notice. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable for late arriving guests and no show guests .
- Meal changes can not be honored within 48 hours of departure.
- The Valley Railroad reserves the right to alter equipment, schedule, and menu when necessary. The Essex Clipper Dinner Train does operate in all weather.